Working with the body is increasingly seen as essential to find healing and transformation.
This is a dynamic and creative form of yoga. Following a sequence, we move from one pose to another on the rhytm of the breath. Ideal to build more strength and learn about the abilities of your body, healthy movement and how to align body and mind. Every class has a different theme.
Focusing on connecting with the body through soft, gentle movement with awareness to the whole of the experience: body, thoughts and emotions. Classically beginning and ending with seated meditation.
In this class, we stay 3 – 5 minutes in one pose for a deep stretch in the muscles and surrounding connective tissue. This enables you to ‘let go’ of long held tension and relax body and mind to a deeper state. For good balance, it is recommended to practice both ‘yin’ and ‘yang’ (Vinyasa/Ashtanga) styles.
What is Yoga?
A simple question. Yet all we can see and read about yoga can get us confused.
This is my view on yoga:
- Yoga is a path, an ongoing lifelong practice.
- It is a form of meditation using body postures,
- Working with concentration on body and breath,
- Strenghtening the body and releasing tension,
- Enabling us to touch our inner world,
- leading to a deeper connection with ourselves,
- And from knowing and acceptance,
- Allowing a deeper, healing, connecting energy to emerge.
- Thus leading to a life with less ‘suffering’.
Read more about my journey and professional background.
I personally believe that simplicity of practice is the one thing that helps people access the deepest levels of their own being.
Styles of Yoga
I mainly teach 3 styles of yoga:
- Yin Yoga
- Vinyasa Yoga
- Mindfulness Yoga
All classes are based on Integration: to turn our attention inward, from knowing and acceptance, integrating all that we are, allowing a higher connecting energy to emerge. Connection on the inside will automatically lead to a better connection on the outside.
Online Yoga Classes
Meer videos vind je op mijn YouTube kanaal.